Location: San Jose, CA
BlackArrow is looking for an experienced, innovative, quality-driven person to help test our advanced advertising system for new TV platforms. This person will help develop and maintain a comprehensive automated regression test suite to assure the functional quality and stability of our software products prior to deployment in our production environment. This person should have system and database administration skills, programming and script writing skills, as well as a thorough understanding of web technologies and test engineering best practices.
- Participate in project meetings with product managers and development engineers as required.
- Represent QA and participate in projects using Agile development methodology.
- Review and comprehend product specifications to develop a clear, detailed understanding of product requirements.
- Develop appropriate test methodology and metrics to define quality for products, components, features and enhancements.
- Write product test documentation (test plans and test cases) based on product specifications.
- Develop, modify and maintain a comprehensive suite of automated test cases for our product platform using open source test tools.
- Execute functional, system and regression test cases (automated and manual).
- Identify, communicate and follow-up with engineering on issues discovered during the test process.
- Participate in release deployments to the production environment and troubleshooting production issues.
- 5+ years of SQA testing experience with multi-tier web based applications built using JAVA/J2EE technology stack.
- 5 +years of SQA testing experience developing test automation frameworks, GUI and server-side, utilizing Selenium (WebDriver) and other open source test tools.
- Experience in testing content management systems with sophisticated reporting and data warehouse capabilities.
- Strong understanding of Internet technologies (video technologies and/or ad decision systems experience in internet and/or cable environments a major plus).
- Experience working in development environments using Agile methods.
- Extensive experience with Linux/Unix OS with a high command-line and shell scripting comfort level.
- Experience with Apache web servers, JBoss and Tomcat app servers.
- Experience with MySQL databases and writing SQL scripts.
- Experience with programming Java, Java Servlets, JSP.
- Strong ability to rapidly absorb new technology concepts and feature changes, and quickly generate manual test cases and automated test scripts.
- Excellent verbal and written (English) communication skills required.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams.
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, and passionate about Quality.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
BlackArrow offers a fast, fun, creative and diverse work environment. We provide a full benefits package consisting of medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and stock options. To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.