Location: San Jose, CA
BlackArrow is looking for a Release Engineer to help maintain our release engineering processes, tools and environments that support the development of our advanced advertising system for new TV platforms. This person must have system and database administration skills, programming and script writing skills, and a thorough understanding of web technologies and release engineering best practices.
- Interact with the Director of Release Engineering to determine BlackArrow product development priorities and release schedules.
- Maintain and enhance current automated build and deployment processes and scripts.
- Design and build the next-generation build and deployment processes.
- Deploy and maintain local development and test environments with latest releases.
- Develop and implement CM, Release and Deployment plans, procedures and processes.
- Configure, maintain and administer Perforce version control system, CruiseControl/Jenkins build systems, and Jira bug tracking system.
- Configure, administer and troubleshoot software test environments.
- Manage product release deployment to the production environment.
- Investigate and recommend alternative products and methodologies for improving source control, build process and deployment process.
- Provide programming and scripting support to enhance/extend/improve production monitoring tools and automated RE processes and tools.
- 4-6 years of RE experience with multi-tier web based applications built using JAVA/J2EE technology stack.
- Extensive experience with Linux/Unix OS with a very high command-line and shell scripting comfort level.
- Extensive experience writing sophisticated Perl applications, including regular expressions, object oriented techniques, Perl data structures, file manipulation, and interaction with web pages, XML, JSON.
- Experience with Java, Java Servlets, JSP and J2EE.
- Experience configuring Apache web servers, JBoss and Tomcat app servers.
- Experience configuring MySQL databases and writing SQL scripts.
- Strong configuration management and release engineering skills.
- Strong knowledge of source code control systems, preferably Perforce.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong ability to master new applications and technologies quickly.
- Excellent team player with the ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written (English) communication skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
BlackArrow offers a fast, fun, creative and diverse start-up work environment. We provide a full benefits package consisting of medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and stock options. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BlackArrow is an equal opportunity employer. Principals only, please.