Location: San Jose, CA
We’re looking for talented people to help shape the future of the $200 billion television advertising market. Come join us as we build the systems that pay for the New TV revolution by delivering addressable advertising and analytics for video on demand, DVR, mobile and online video. Our platform has quickly grown to serve over 32 million pay-TV subscribers internationally through our customers, which include Comcast, Time Warner Cable and Rogers Communications.
If you’re looking for the feel of a startup while maintaining a healthy work-life balance, and you’re passionate about delivering high-performance, highly scalable software solutions that deal with billions of transactions every year, we would love to hear from you!
- You understand the difference between reporting problems and helping solve problems and you have the ability to do both
- You know JMeter so well that people are convinced you developed it yourself
- You effortlessly form strong give-and-take relationships with everyone you work with
- After reading a functional specification, you can identify the performance and scalability concerns long before a single line of code is written
- You move seamlessly between solving problems yourself and employing the assistance of others when it makes sense to do so
- You’re an expert at conveying complicated statistics with clear and concise reports that highlight the most critical conclusions to even a non-technical audience.
What you will do:
- Review and comprehend product specifications to develop a clear, detailed understanding of project requirements
- Collaborate with other team members to determine product testing priorities, develop level of effort estimates and track and report progress
- Write performance test plans, create and automate test cases
- Execute test cases including collecting system and Java performance data during testing
- Consolidate test results into clear and concise reports
- Create and track detailed JIRA issues for any performance or scalability problems
- Work closely with functional testers to ensure that any functional issues that may be revealed during performance testing are verified and reported
- Work with product managers to assess the impact and severity of performance issues and identify and track issues that must be fixed
- Work closely with developers to identify the root cause of performance problems
- Rapidly iterate through testing of solutions to verify their effectiveness.
- 3+ years of performance testing experience with multi-tier web based applications built using the Java/JEE technology stacks
- Extensive experience developing and executing automated performance tests utilizing JMeter and other open source test tools
- Extensive experience with Linux/Unix OS with a high command-line and shell scripting comfort level
- Extensive experience with system and java performance analysis tools (YourKit experience a plus)
- Strong understanding of Internet technologies (video technologies and/or ad decision systems experience in internet and/or cable environments a major plus)
- Experience with MySQL databases and writing SQL scripts
- Experience with Apache web servers, JBoss and Tomcat app servers
- Experience with Java programming and debugging a plus
- Experience working in development environments using Agile methods
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
Who we are:
BlackArrow is a leading worldwide provider of advanced advertising technology for New TV platforms. BlackArrow’s advanced advertising software platform enables customers to increase revenues by delivering more timely and efficient sales and marketing messages, to extend TV business models and affiliate partnerships to new platforms, and to gain real-time reporting and measurement insights across multiple screens. BlackArrow is privately held, and backed by Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO), Comcast Ventures, Intel Capital (NASDAQ: INTC), Mayfield Fund, Motorola Mobility Ventures, Polaris Venture Partners and Time Warner Cable. The company has a presence in in New York, NY; San Jose, CA; London, England; and Noida, India.
BlackArrow offers a fast, fun, creative and diverse work environment. We provide a full benefits package consisting of medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and stock options. To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
BlackArrow is an equal opportunity employer. Principals only, please.